[pypy-dev] pypy seems not to read site.py

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:57:52 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Massa, Harald Armin <chef at ghum.de> wrote:
> Hello!
> I just installed pypy-1.5.0a0-win32, and modified site.py within
> lib-python\2.7\site.py
> with no effect.
> Even entering a big "print haaaaaaaalllllloooo" at the beginning does not do
> anything.
> Does pypy not use / read / need site.py? I know there is a -S to NOT import
> site.
> But... how to run site on startup?
> Harald

It's a little messiness with our python library setup. Modules from
modified-2.7 shadow modules from 2.7, this is mostly to avoid having
to hack them inline and be able to submit patches back upstream. So
site.py is one example - modify one in modified and it'll work.

Cheers and sorry for confusion,
fijal