[pypy-dev] pytest2 branch ready

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sun Mar 6 20:00:04 CET 2011

Hi all,

the pytest2 branch is ready to be merged.  The branch updates the
inlined pytest version to the pytest-2.0.2 dev5 release candidate.
I did some pypy test runs on buildbot and it looks good to me.
Anything that speaks against merging now?

After merging one can install the "pytest" package indepedently and type
"py.test" or use the version that comes inlined with the PyPy source
tree and type "python pypy/test_all.py".

On a sidenote, i'd actually like to avoid shipping pytest and
py lib within the PyPy source tree especially now that there are
three extra items "pytest.py", "py" and "_pytest" cluttering
up the pypy root. (There are good reasons for this which
have not much to do with PyPy though).  FWIW I don't plan to
do many wild releases of pytest in the foreseeable future :)

best,
holger