[pypy-dev] pytest2 branch ready

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Mar 7 01:36:17 CET 2011

Hi Benjamin,

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
> If you're using an old version of PyPy, there's probably going to be a
> lot of archeology anyway. I don't see how py.test is any different
> than another dep like gcc or boehm.

No, that's wrong.  Any version of PyPy supports any version of gcc
within reason, and any version of Boehm as long as it's not a too
buggy version.  But PyPy from, say, the month of January only works with the
version of the py lib that was the one included at that time.  Right
now I can say "hg up -r xyz" for some xyz from a few months ago and
just run py.test in it with no further installation, which is
essential from time to time (e.g. to run hg bisect).