[pypy-dev] GIL in non-Python languages

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 18:08:20 CET 2011

Right, that would be an issue. In this case, I could probably start
with a reference counting GC....as I'm not exactly sure that it's
possible to get cyclic references with immutable objects. At least not
without allot of work...yeah, I'm pretty sure they are impossible to
code in Clojure. But someone may correct me there.

Anyway, reference counting would get rid of most of the parallel
issues with the GC, I could simply use a CAS or atomic instructions to
increment/decrement reference counts.

Timothy

--
“One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was
that–lacking zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination