[pypy-dev] wrong precedence of __radd__ vs list __iadd__

Paolo Giarrusso pgiarrusso at mathematik.uni-marburg.de
Thu Mar 10 15:08:07 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 14:42, Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greg,
>
> Is this affecting some real world code?  I ask because right now the
> semantics we implement basically treat everything with the same semantics as
> a pure Python class on CPython would, and I think we'd like to keep it that
> way, as it makes the source a good bit simpler.
Hi,
wasn't very good compatibility with CPython one of PyPy's points,
without restrictions to real-world code?
For instance Armin (IIRC) made significant effort to support Python's
semantics for destructors (in particular, to call destructors in the
"right" order), unlike done in Jython and IronPython.
Paolo Giarrusso - Ph.D. Student
http://www.informatik.uni-marburg.de/~pgiarrusso/