[pypy-dev] tooling/sandboxing (remarks from Ikai Lan)

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Fri Mar 11 19:46:54 CET 2011

Hi all, especially devs at Pycon,

FYI i just saw saw some tweets from Ikan Lan (http://twitter.com/#!/ikai )
who works with the Google App Engine time, oldest to newest:

    At the Python VM panel. I want to believe alternate VMs are about
    more than just benchmarks. Question do not agree with me #pycon

    For instance, I want to see the tooling that can be built around
    alternative VMs. Profilers, heap analyzers, better debuggers #pycon

    Python VM implementors think sandboxing is not something that should
    be implemented at VM layer. Oh, well. #pycon

To me, this does not seem to be fitting for PyPy, does it?
Maybe somebody can discuss a bit with him.  I still believe that Google
and GAE are a potentially very good application of PyPy tech.

best,
holger