[pypy-dev] wrong precedence of __radd__ vs list __iadd__

Philip Jenvey pjenvey at underboss.org
Sat Mar 12 23:21:01 CET 2011

On Mar 10, 2011, at 3:53 PM, Armin Rigo wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Greg Price <greg at quora.com> wrote:
>> The following program works in CPython, but fails in PyPy:
>
> This is (if we are positive) an internal implementation detail and (if
> we are negative) a bug in CPython.

Jython passes the first example. Shouldn't pypy's inplace_add__List_ANY be returning NotImplemented (or whatever the pypy equiv. would be, FailedToImplement?) instead of raising the exception? To allow the binop rules to continue.

We fail the 2nd example like PyPy does but that's a different problem.

--
Philip Jenvey