[pypy-dev] Any Multithreading Primitives?

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Tue Mar 15 16:56:23 CET 2011

In a message of Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:04:04 EST, Timothy Baldridge writes:
>Does PyPy have any sort of multithreading primitives that are
>available in rpython programs? I'm specifically looking for CAS. I can
>probably simulate a mutex with CAS. Or do I have to drop down to some
>sort of assembly generation to atomically update a object reference?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Timothy

Will anything written here: http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/stackless.html
be of any use to you?  Note, this documentation isquite old and needs
attention, and right now the stackless transform does not work with the JIT.
changing things so that it would work doesn't seem to be that much work,
though, we just haven't gotten around to it.

Laura