[pypy-dev] ideas for Google Summer of code

Danilo Freitas dsurviver at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:00:58 CET 2011

Hi, all.

I'm interested in applying for GSoC this year.
I'm talking to Miquel Torres about some stuff in Codespeed, but I
don't know if it could be considered as PyPy project for GSoC.
We're trying to allow Codespeed branch comparing, to check if a
feature branch is getting faster than trunk. So, we'll see if a
feature is really evolving.
This would also affect speed.pypy.org. After that, we shall work on more stuff.
So, could Codespeed improvements be considered as PyPy GSoC projects?

Laura, I'm from Brazil and was a GSoC student in 2009 for Cython. I
had about only 1 month free of college (June~July), but I completed
what I promised without problems caused by college. So, I guess people
from south hemisphere can handle with it, if they dedicate themselves
:)

2011/3/17 Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Leonardo Santagada <santagada at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My ideas, take the ones you guys like and don't bother if some are too
>> hard or the pypy team is not interested:
>>
>> 1 - Some pypy compatibility site, like the one brett made for python 3
>
> I am interested to set up a site for PyPY.  I have already created a similar
> site for Python 3:  http://getpython3.net/
>
> If this idea sound good, you can add one DNS "A record" pointing to this IP:
> 184.106.69.139  A sub-domain like http://compatibility.pypy.org/ would be fine.
> Otherwise you can provide me a hosting place also.  BTW, the code is here:
> https://github.com/baijum/getpython3  (Flask app)
>
> Regards,
> Baiju M

- Danilo Freitas