[pypy-dev] ideas for Google Summer of code

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 21:25:38 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Leonardo Santagada <santagada at gmail.com>wrote:

> 7 - make pypy on .net jit work (or on java)

This reminds me: it might be good to make the JVM PyPy be able to call
native Java code - on a typical JRE, and on Android.  Last I heard, on
Android people were using a CPython port, which reportedly requires a stub
for the various Android library calls that're written in
what-is-essentially-Java.  What I was told is that the Ruby port to Android
gives much better API access, because they started with a Ruby that runs on
a JVM.

Also, on the matter of performance testing, coming up with a bunch of tests
that run unmodified on a large number of Python interpreters might be
included - though perhaps that goes without saying.