[pypy-dev] ideas for Google Summer of code

Greg Price greg at quora.com
Fri Mar 18 05:53:28 CET 2011

Hi Laura,

On Mar 17, 2011 5:10 PM, "Laura Creighton" <lac at openend.se> wrote:

> I'd like speed.python.org to become performance.python.org so we can
> measure memoryt consumption too.

We should definitely measure memory consumption too, but "speed.python.org"
has a nice rhythm to it - few syllables, quick to say - such that I think it
might make sense to keep the name even so. To me, "speed" also suggests that
it *is* fast, more so than "performance" suggests that the performance
actually is good, as opposed to neutrally measuring it, whatever it is. I
always thought "speed.pypy.org" quite a bold name, saying "we are fast"
right there in the domain so nobody could miss the point. Maybe that last is
just me, though.

Greg