[pypy-dev] phb impression from speed.pypy.org

Miquel Torres tobami at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 18 08:13:15 CET 2011

I understand what you say, and it is certainly possible to turn
benchmarks into "bigger is better". As Laura wrote though, it is only
natural to measure time, because that is what you actually what to do:
reduce the time it takes to complete some task.

Other projects do the same. See for example jQuery announcing a newer,
faster release: http://blog.jquery.com/2010/10/16/jquery-143-released/

(scroll down for lots of performance plots)

*However*, it seems that for the last release they have done what you
propose: http://blog.jquery.com/2011/01/31/jquery-15-released/

They have changed the units from "seconds" to number of "iterations per second".

In any case that is something for the PyPy developers to decide.

Cheers,
Miquel