[pypy-dev] Google Summer of Code Idea Proposal

Romain Guillebert romain.py at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 22:07:04 CEST 2011

Hi

I'm interested in doing the Summer of code on PyPy, from what I saw on
the mailing list and on irc, I would like to work on 2 things which
might interest you (there is no order of preference).

* Python backend for Cython (to interface with C code, this could use
  use ctypes or an API exposed by PyPy), the backend would either
  produce python code or python bytecode and will allow PyPy to JIT the
  Cython extension (I talked about it with Alex Gaynor yesterday).

* Improve the JVM backend, making it translate on the trunk and
  interface (R)Python code with Java. (As proposed by Antonio Cuni).

I'm available from the end of May (around the 25th) to the beginning of
September so this shouldn't be a problem.

If this is OK, which one would you prefer ?

Regards
Romain