[pypy-dev] docs on doc.pypy.org

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue May 3 12:04:39 CEST 2011

On 03/05/11 11:55, holger krekel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i created a CNAME for our use of pypy.readthedocs.org and so you can now
> reach pypy docs under the frontend URL of
>
>     http://doc.pypy.org
>
> It might be better to promote this link also from pypy.org so
> that URLs have a higher chance to remain valid even if we
> decide to move away from readthedocs some day.

yes, good idea.
Moreover, I think we should change the link from "Dev Documentation" to just
"Documentation", because it contains docs which are generally useful also for
users (e.g., the getting started, the papers, etc.)

Alternatively, we could have a heavier refactoring of the documentation and
have clearly separated sections for "user docs" and "dev docs".

> Moreover, we could see to have (another) sphinx setup for sphinx
> setup for our current pypy.org so we can host it there as well, maybe
> under www.pypy.org -- we need to have a subdomain/CNAME as we cannot
> redirect the root domain to readthedocs.

I'm not a sphinx expert, but I don't think that the default layout (i.e., with
a sidebar on the left) is the best for the home page of pypy.org.

ciao,
Anto