[pypy-dev] BytecodeCorruption error with pypy-1.5

renaud blanch rndblnch at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:11:15 CEST 2011

Hello,

First, thank you for the pypy-1.5 release!

I quickly tested pypy-1.5 (osx64 binary from your download page) with
some code I use as benchmark (some solutions to Google code jam
problems), and I got a reproductible "Fatal RPython error:
BytecodeCorruption".

The minimal code sample that reproduce this behaviour I could came up with is:
<code>
def what(_="whatever"):
    return (_ if _ else _) if False else _
what()
</code>

This code works as expected with any cpython and with pypy-1.4.1 on
the same machine (Intel Core 2 Duo iMac/Mac OS X 10.6.7).

Should I open a bug on the pypy tracker?

renaud