[pypy-dev] cheerio

Ronny Pfannschmidt Ronny.Pfannschmidt at gmx.de
Fri May 6 22:20:42 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 02:30 +0800, Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I finally got round to subscribe after the Göteborg sprint.  Hi there,
> to all of you sprinters, thanks for the fun!
>

> Meanwhile, the Stackless project urgently feels the need to resolve
> the RCS system.
>
> Any suggestions on how to proceed with moving the stackless repository
> from the python svn one to Hg?

that depends mainly on how stackless managed syncing with cpython
and if/how you want to record that in the new history

also the importance of merges being recorded is a important question

its basically choosing the tradeoff between correctness and ease of
migration

(for pypy we skipped merges and for old files we have to resort to using
annotate on svn)

> Also, there is the idea we mentioned to have a 2.7 branch that we can
> freely modify for our mutual purposes, e.g. by fixing some of the
> unittests and other stuff.  Any thoughts on that?

there is some talk on splitting the stdlib to a separate repo (which may
be more interesting for everyone)

-- Ronny