[pypy-dev] PyPy platforms/architectures

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Wed May 18 20:01:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am busy writing a port for pypy on FreeBSD.  I have the basics done but
I have a slight issue with the package list.  It appears pypy creates some
files based on the architecture name [1] however the names it uses for those
files differ to what FreeBSD uses [2].

I've mapped the obvious name difference (i386->x86_32, amd64->x86_64) however
I am not sure what pypy uses for the other architects.  Also it appears FreeBSD
uses "powerpc" for ppc (even though [2] says otherwise).

Please can you clarify the architecture names.

Regards,

David

[1] Under lib_pypy/ctypes_config_cache
[2] http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/