[pypy-dev] PyPy Genova-Pegli Post-EuroPython Sprint June 27 - July 2 2011

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Mon May 23 21:34:39 CEST 2011

PyPy Genova-Pegli Post-EuroPython Sprint June 27 - July 2 2011

The next PyPy sprint will be in Genova-Pegli, Italy, the week after EuroPython
(which is in Florence, about 3h away by train). This is a fully public sprint:
newcomers and topics other than those proposed below are welcome.

------------------------------
Goals and topics of the sprint
------------------------------

* Now that we have released 1.5, the sprint itself is going to be mainly
  working on fixing issues reported by various users.  Possible topics
  include, but are not limited to:

    - fixing issues in the bug tracker

    - improve cpyext, the C-API compatibility layer, to support more extension
      modules

    - finish/improve/merge jitypes2, the branch which makes ctypes JIT friendly

    - general JIT improvements

    - improve our tools, like the jitviewer or the buildbot infrastructure

    - make your favorite module/application working on PyPy, if it doesn't yet

* Of course this does not prevent people from showing up with a more precise
  interest in mind  If there are newcomers, we will gladly give introduction
  talks.

* Since we are almost on the beach, we can take one day off for summer
  relaxation and/or tourist visits nearby :-).

-----------
Exact times
-----------

The work days should be 27 June - 2 July 2011.  People may arrive on
the 26th already and/or leave on the 3rd.

-----------------------
Location & Accomodation
-----------------------

Both the sprint venue and the lodging will be at Albergo Puppo[1] in
Genova-Pegli, Italy.  Pegli is a nice and peaceful little quarter of Genova,
and the hotel is directly on the beach, making it a perfect place for those
who want to enjoy the sea in the middle of the Italian summer, as a quick
search on Google Images shows[2] :-)

[1] http://www.albergopuppo.com/inglese/index.htm
[2] http://images.google.com/images?q=genova%20pegli

The place has a good ADSL Internet connexion with wireless installed.  You can
of course arrange your own lodging anywhere but I definitely recommend lodging
there too.

Please *confirm* that you are coming so that we can adjust the reservations as
appropriate.  The prices are as follows, and they include breakfast and a
parking place for the car, in case you need it:

  - single room:  70 €
  - double room:  95 €
  - triple room: 105 €

Please register by hg:

http://bitbucket.org/pypy/extradoc/src/default/sprintinfo/genova-pegli-2011/people.txt

or on the pypy-dev mailing list if you do not yet have check-in rights: