[pypy-dev] unable to translate with current head of default

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat May 28 09:49:07 CEST 2011

Hi Wim,

As a summary, can you tell us if there is something wrong with the
trunk version of PyPy, as compiled by your GCC?  In this case it's a
bug in the trunk version, which we have to fix, because we don't want
to support only half the GCC configurations out there.  Or does the
bug only ever occur in your own branch?  In this case it's likely to
be a bug that, although pre-existing, only shows up in the particular
configuration of your branch.  It would also be something we have to
fix, but it's harder for us to get to the crash.

It's hard to just give general guidelines for how to debug such a
crash, particularly because all levels of PyPy are involved.  There is
no real other option than "gdb pypy-c", which requires knowledge of
how all levels play together in order to give the C source we get.