[pypy-dev] unable to translate with current head of default

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Mon May 30 03:55:03 CEST 2011

Hi Armin,

okay, something has been fixed over the past couple of days: the readline
now works! :) I'll move up to that then.

My benchmark, however, does not, so no cigar just yet ...

Taking again the list of Anto for the jit options, this is the longest
that I can run successfully:

   intbounds:rewrite:virtualize:string:ffi

If I add "unroll" I get the NotImplementedError that Maciej already
explained. If I add "heap", I get the segfault.

Note that the timing of the benchmark is very good. :) I.e. heap and unroll
don't actually do much for my benchmark. Of course, I can't actually run the
benchmark with trunk, since I need module cppyy for that. Hence, the crash
in the benchmark may be due to pbs in my own rpython (as opposed to whatever
caused the issues with readline).

Thanks,
      Wim
--