[pypy-dev] Pure Python Math Library

Blaine frikker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:21:27 CET 2011

Does anyone know of a pure python math library? I've been playing around
with berp <https://github.com/bjpop/berp/wiki>, which is a python3 to
haskell translator and compiler, and it works great as long as you don't go
crazy with C extensions. It's highly experimental but fun to play around
with. The only thing that I really miss is being able to use the math
module. I asked the maintainer if it is possible to map into haskell's math
library, but in the mean time a pure python math library would fit nicely
since it would be compiled along with the rest of the python.

I'm looking for log, log10, ceil, and pow mostly for my personal needs.

It's funny now that things like pypy and berp exist. I find myself trying
to locate pure python routines (like DFT) that would have no reason to
exist with cpython, but make lots of sense with pypy.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone had heard of such a thing. How do you even
implement log?

Thanks,
Blaine