[pypy-dev] PyPy packaging help needed

Andrew Godwin andrew at aeracode.org
Sat Oct 1 01:22:27 CEST 2011

On 30/09/11 22:03, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've done a little bit of deb packaging before and would love a reason to be
>> more involved in pypy.
>> I'd be happy to get stuck into this.
>
> I guess what we have now is in
> http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/build/ubuntu/trunk/debian/
>
> It's grossly outdated though. Drop in on #pypy on IRC if you need more info

I have an updated repo at
https://bitbucket.org/andrewgodwin/pypy-debian/src that builds packages
directly from the nightlies - this results in a much, much quicker build
process, but it's not a true debian package yet.

I had a go at making it build from the source, but it takes so long to
test, as it's around half an hour between writing something and seeing
if it works, that I didn't get around to it.

Andrew