[pypy-dev] PyPy 1.6 not working on Windows XP

Ram Rachum ram at rachum.com
Wed Oct 5 13:57:58 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Alex Pyattaev <alex.pyattaev at gmail.com>wrote:

> 1. Switch to linux. It helps.

Not funny.

2. To get a meaningful error log try to run the pypy from terminal. To do
> copy-paste you will need 3-rd party terminal, i.e. power shell. Then you'll
> be
> able to copy the error messages. Without them it is pretty much impossible
> identify the problem.

I am running PyPy from terminal, bash provided by msys. The error still
comes up in a dialog and the shell contains only the output from `nose` up
to the failure, with no word on the failure.

3. Another option is to use debugger to run the suite step-by-step and see
> what happens.

I'll give that a try.