[pypy-dev] PyPy 1.6 not working on Windows XP

Ram Rachum ram at rachum.com
Wed Oct 5 14:18:08 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc <amauryfa at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2011/10/5 Ram Rachum <ram at rachum.com>:
> > I have hundreds of tests, and PyPy fails before a single one begins. It
> > seems that PyPy crashes somewhere in nose's initialization.
> > Isn't there a way to find the last Python line run before the crash
> without
> > stepping with a finer granularity every time?
>
> Not without a debugger, I'm afraid
>
> --
> Amaury Forgeot d'Arc

How do I run the Nose test suite on Pypy with a debugger? I usually use Wing
IDE, but it doesn't support PyPy. I'm also aware of Nose's `--pdb` flag
which drops you into the debugger after an error, but it doesn't work here
because this crash seems to be happening at a lower level. So I don't know
how to start this in a debugger.

Ram.