[pypy-dev] PyPy 1.6 not working on Windows XP

Alex Pyattaev alex.pyattaev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 14:34:05 CEST 2011

> If I use a Python debugger, can't I just step forward line by line, see
> where I get the crash, and then isolate the offending line?
The way pypy works - no you can not really do that. In Cpython it works
somewhat better, but not in PYPY. Basically you have to use C debugger to
locate the crash point, because the program that crashes can not really
identify where it crashed precisely (well it can but pypy detects crash points
very unprecisely). So in order to figure where exactly it crashes you have to
use C debugger. OR, as I have said, add print statements until you localize
the bug. *This may not work in some cases, as adding print's actually modifies
the program=> it might not crash at all*
Alex.