[pypy-dev] Bugs in using `easy_install` in PyPy 1.6 on Windows

Ram Rachum ram at rachum.com
Thu Oct 6 15:18:00 CEST 2011

Hey,

I remember that I had trouble using `easy_install` when I was just setting
up PyPy 1.6 on my XP box.

I had no time to document it at that time, but I believe my workflow was to
download and run distribute_setup.py, then do `easy_install pip`, and then
`pip install nose`, and it didn't work so I resorted to downloading tarballs
manually and running `setup.py install`, which worked.

Can you add this to the test suite? I think it's something that needs to be
tested automatically before any PyPy release on any platform.