[pypy-dev] Anyone interested in a MIPS port...

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 20:03:04 CEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Nicolas Hureau
<nicolas.hureau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> On 24 August 2011 15:14, Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> wrote:
>> Sven and David are currently working on the PowerPC backend in the
>> branch "ppc-jit-backend", if you want to follow; it is still at an
>> early stage, which means that the amount of code so far should be
>> reasonable.
>>
>> Sorry to answer this late, it seems that nobody is very much
>> interested in contributing...  All I can promise myself is to give you
>> some help, as I do right now with Sven. :-)
>
> I'm also interested in contributing to a MIPS port of the JIT backend.
>
> Is there any tip for cross-compiling PyPy that I should know about
> before beginning ?
>
> Thanks,

Cross compiling pypy is a bit hairy because PyPy (at translation time)
queries underlaying Python enviroment for some details. You might be
able to get rid of that, but it's a bit of work. We're here to help
though. And no, there are no cross-compiler tools I'm aware of.

Cheers,
fijal