[pypy-dev] Questions on the pypy+numpy project

Jacob Biesinger jake.biesinger at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:21:18 CEST 2011

> I think the original topic of this discussion is numpy, not scipy.
> The answer is that I don't know.  I am sure that people will
> reimplement whatever module is needed, or design a generic but slower
> way to interface with C a la cpyext, or write a different C API, or
> rely on Cython versions of their libraries and have Cython support in
> PyPy... or more likely all of these approaches and more.

Great discussion... Any idea how "micro" the micronumpy implementation will
be?  Numpy includes matrix multiplication, eigenvalue decomposition,
histogramming, etc.  For all the people meaning Scipy when they get excited
for a Numpy implementation, their feature of choice may be included in Numpy
after all.