[pypy-dev] Questions on the pypy+numpy project

Gary Robinson garyrob at me.com
Wed Oct 19 16:49:37 CEST 2011

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to have another poll, this time clearly differentiating between

a) focusing on integrating the existing numpy in such a way that scipy and other such packages are also enabled, probably using the existing project to provide a C interface that IronPython and other Python variants can use; or

b) the current path of replacing much of numpy, making it much faster but leaving scipy out in the cold for quite some time.

I don't think it's clear, at this point, which approach would generate more monetary contributions. I suspect it might be (a) because of commercial scientific research that depends on scipy. Of course, if the path decision is already firm, then such a poll would be moot.

--

Gary Robinson
CTO
personal email: garyrob at me.com