[pypy-dev] Questions on the pypy+numpy project

Ian Ozsvald ian at ianozsvald.com
Sun Oct 23 18:24:10 CEST 2011

I agree that numpy support is a good first aim, I hope it'll open the
door to scipy support later.

To that end I've made my donation. As discussed with Fijal via a
private email I felt awkward with the new project (hence me asking the
question 60 emails back) as I'd offered a £600 donation which was made
on the assumption that numpy+scipy support would be possible (and to
be clear - this was entirely *my* assumption, made at EuroPython,
before the project was defined - the  error was mine). Obviously I
want to see numpy supported, I do also want to see scipy (and probably
cython) supported too.

So, I've just donated $480USD (£300) for the numpy-pypy project as a
personal donation. I'll make a second donation of $480 as and when a
project is proposed that enables scipy support. This fits with my
goals and I hope it helps the project move forwards.

Cheers all,
Ian.