[pypy-dev] your thoughts on low level optimizations

Gertjan van Zwieten gertjanvanzwieten at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 18:09:55 CEST 2011

Hi Armin

> I would say that in this case, keeping your module in C with a
> C-friendly API is the most future-proof solution I can think of.  That
> means so far --- with today's tools --- that you need to wrap it
> twice, as a CPython C extension module and as a pure Python ctypes, in
> order to get good performance on both CPython and PyPy.

Thanks, that's a very helpful conclusion and actually a perfectly workable
solution for now. I will keep a close eye on the blog for future
developments in this area, and I certainly hope that I will be able to make
the switch soon.

Let me just tie this up by thanking you all for your extensive and very
helpful replies. It's been a very enlightening discussion.

Much obliged,

Gertjan