[pypy-dev] Misc news

Rodrigo Pinheiro Marques de Araújo fenrrir at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 02:44:21 CEST 2011

2011/9/2 Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org>

> * stackless support could do with some volunteer work now --- in
> particular, lib_pypy/stackless.py could be refactored to use directly
> continulets, in a similar way to lib_pypy/greenlet.py.  I am ready to
> explain a bit more on irc how continulets work, but I don't have
> enough motivation to do the complete refactoring myself.  It's also a
> nice entry-level task for someone who wants to.

hi guys,

I made a first version of stackless with continulets. Attached the patch and
the complete stackless.py file for review. Someone have time for look the
patch?

I have attached too a file with a helper and examples for users to solve
"RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded" based on pypy stackless
online doc.  I'm not sure if my version of stackless with continulets is
much faster than stackless with greenlets, in factorial.py file, in my
machine for input 2000, the new version runs on 20 seconds and the old
version 30.

best regards,

Rodrigo  Araújo