[pypy-dev] CUDA/OpenCL under PyPy

Ken Watford kwatford at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 05:50:20 CEST 2011

I started a project called PyCL about two months ago. It's OpenCL
through ctypes, and it works with PyPy. I don't believe it currently
works with the new numpy stuff, but the standard Python array module
should work.

It's available through the cheeseshop, and there's a repository for it here:
https://bitbucket.org/kw/pycl

I can't say I've had any time to work on it much in last month. Image
support wasn't quite ready yet, last I recall, but doing basic stuff
with buffers and kernels should work. Though last time I checked it
ran generally slower in PyPy than CPython. Haven't checked it since
1.6 came out, though.