[pypy-dev] "checkout benchmarks failed"

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:01:06 CEST 2011

On 12/09/11 09:52, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Alex Gaynor<alex.gaynor at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Is there a reason we don't switch to doing an hg checkout from bitbucket?
>>   Those seem to be more stable than the SVN ones.
>> Alex
>
> Anto failed to have 2 mercurial checkouts (pypy&  hg) in one buildbot
> build. I'm not sure what the actual reason for that is (seems like you
> can just invoke hg to me, but I did not try).

yes, I tried to have two checkouts in parallel but failed.  I don't remember
the details, only that it looks easy (how hard can it be?), but then I
encountered a herd of yaks to shave.  After two days of fighting, I gave up
and decided to use the bitbucket SVN interface, but it turns out that it's not
very stable :-(.

Anyone feel free to try again to use hg, but I'd prefer not to go there by
myself :-)