[pypy-dev] Separate building of the C source files

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Sep 16 09:51:44 CEST 2011

Hi Elad,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Elad Lahav <e2lahav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Armin, but that's the first place I looked. There is no makefile
> there.

Doesn't make much sense to me.  A "Makefile" (not a "makefile") should
be created.  If it wasn't, then maybe it crashed during writing the C
sources and you missed this?

Sorry to not answer your original question.  The issue is that there
are various libraries that may or may not be needed, depending on
exactly which functions are put or not in the final C sources, not to
mention your particular platform; that's why we always rely on the
Makefile to say it for us.  It's a hard job to figure out manually the
list of libraries.  You'd have to grep all over the "pypy/" directory
for "libraries = [...]" and do the filtering yourself.  There is no
central place that lists all possible libraries.