[pypy-dev] rlist and ll_delitem_nonneg index

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Sep 23 15:34:50 CEST 2011

Hi Zariko,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Zariko Taba <zariko.taba at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hit an assert in pypy/annotation/annrpython.py in addpendingblock line 231
> : assert annmodel.unionof(s_oldarg, s_newarg) == s_oldarg

This is an assert that we keep hitting from time to time.  Your
explanation is wrong, though, it's not about some variable having a
type "Signed", because that's a low-level type, not something seen by
the annotator.

I imagine that the solution is easy --- it usually is, but we never
found a correct solution covering all possible cases.  So instead we
just have to fix the particular issue that you're getting.  But it
would require us to have the full context (in this case, the complete
RPython program that you're trying to translate).