[pypy-dev] Performance, json and standard library

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Sep 24 15:26:10 CEST 2011

Hi Maciej,

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com> wrote:
> So while I agree that ideally, JIT could handle whatever it has, but
> maybe json is an example good enough to warrant changes.

Yes, I agree in theory.  (Didn't look in detail at the proposed
patches.)  Alternatively, couldn't the patches be formulated as a new
file lib_pypy/_json.py?  The stdlib's json module imports _json if
available, and of course it doesn't have to be written in RPython, it
can just be a tweaked version of the Python library.