[pypy-dev] Performance, json and standard library

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sun Sep 25 19:49:14 CEST 2011

simplejson would be a good target for changes that would not be easy
to implement on top of the stdlib json. I'd be happy to accept any
contributions. I failed to make big differences in performance when I
tried at PyCon (at least that didn't regress performance for some
people). The other things I'm missing are a good suite of documents to
benchmark with, and a good tool to run the benchmarks so it's easy to
see if incremental changes are better or worse.

However, if RPython is required to make it faster, maybe implementing
_json for the stdlib would actually be best.