[pypy-dev] Compile to executable program running in sandboxed environment?

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Sep 30 18:58:26 CEST 2011

Hi Galfy,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 16:09, Galfy Pundee
<galfyo.pundee at googlemail.com> wrote:
>  Is it possible to create an executable package, using PyPy, that is
> running the python code in a sandboxed environment?

Unclear what you really mean, but I can answer "yes" to both
interpretations of your question: if you want a "pypy-sandbox" binary
that runs a given .py source file, then yes, it's the way it's
supposed to work; or, if you want to include the .py source file
inside the executable itself, then "yes" as well, although it's more
complicated (and useless in my opinion, even in the context of

>  Also when I run in a sandbox environment is it possible to code the
> logic of the external process handling the policy in python?

Yes, that's how the external process demo is coded: in Python, to run
with the normal (i.e. non-sandboxed) CPython or PyPy interpreter.

A bientôt,