[pypy-dev] Findings in the Cython test suite

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Apr 8 16:27:35 CEST 2012

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc, 04.04.2012 09:27:
> 2012/4/4 Stefan Behnel:
>>> Its tp_call slot is called, but this is defined to __Pyx_PyCFunction_Call
>>> which is #defined to PyObject_Call, which itself invokes the tp_call slot...
>>
>> Interesting. Then that's the wrong thing to do in PyPy. I guess you just
>> put it there in your original patch because PyPy doesn't expose
>> PyCFunction_Call() and it seemed to be the obvious replacement.
>
> I put it there to make the code compile... I did not even realize how
> it was used.

I found that cpyext already exports everything that is required to run the
original PyCFunction_Call() function from CPython, so I just copied it over
and it seems to work just fine.

https://github.com/scoder/cython/commit/a286151e998d9b6d0888b63370fb5d4a1d707b81

That means that there's nothing to do on the PyPy side for this. It also
means that we have the majority of tests passing or at least basically
working now - only 80 out of the more than 2000 tests are currently
failing. However, there are still crashers and there are also still
failures that need further investigation.

Crashers are best looked up in the log of the forked test runs:

https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-scoder-pypy-nightly-safe/lastBuild/consoleFull

The results of completed test runs find their way into the web interface:

https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-scoder-pypy-nightly/

Stefan