[pypy-dev] Findings in the Cython test suite

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sun Apr 8 19:09:50 CEST 2012

Bengt Richter, 08.04.2012 18:58:
> On 04/08/2012 07:27 AM Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> Crashers are best looked up in the log of the forked test runs:
>>
>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-scoder-pypy-nightly-safe/lastBuild/consoleFull
>>
>> The results of completed test runs find their way into the web interface:
>>
>> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-scoder-pypy-nightly/
>
> Firefox warns strenuously that the certificate for your
>
> https://sage.math.washington.edu:8091/hudson/job/cython-scoder-pypy-nightly/
> https site might not be trustable.
>
> Do you suggest just telling firefox to make an exception?
> I haven't made any exceptions before, so I have some resistance ...

Get used to it. :)

Seriously, what do you care about the certificate when all you want is to
read the page? It's not like you're going to send any sensitive data over.
(And it won't do anything with that data even if you did.)

I'm personally rather annoyed by the way Firefox treats
broken/untrusted/self-signed certificates. It should warn when you actually
do send data over, not right on connecting. In 99% of the cases, I really
don't care what server I am connecting to.

> (not implying here that I wouldn't trust you personally ;-)
> What do pypyers do?
>
> Certificate serial 00:9C:BE:68:16:2B:98:E4:46
> expired
>  05/22/2010 01:47:22
> (05/22/2010 08:47:22 GMT)
> (apparently a month after it was created).

Interesting, guess we should fix that. Thanks for noting.

Anyway, the only reason it's using a certificate is to let the core
developers access it through an encrypted connection. The certificate
itself is rather uninteresting to "normal" users.

Stefan