[pypy-dev] Question about stm_descriptor_init(), tasklets and OS threads

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 00:44:52 CEST 2012

Hi Armin:

I am looking at stm_descriptor_init(). Right now makes a call to pthread_self(). In a potential Stackless prototype, I would want it to get the current tasklet instead.

Shouldn't this be enough to get a trivial implementation of Stackless (by trivial, one thread. Hopefully by sticking to a single thread we don't have to alter any low level locking stuff) to interact with the transaction module. Enough to analyse programmes?

Cheers,
Andrew