[pypy-dev] output readable c

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 01:48:19 CEST 2012

2012/4/20 gmail <rorsoft at gmail.com>

> I am still work hard try to improve pypy to get readable c++ output.
> Anyone interest in this ?

The result is much better, especially with long functions.
Yes, this is interesting!  Continue!

Your code needs to be polished though: comments, better names, pep8
convention...
And also an explanation of the algorithms.

Try to run the tests, you will see a missing import, and some tests fail
(in translator/c/test/test_backendoptimized.py, the ones with "switch")
Also I've seen a duplicate label when translating targetnopstandalone.py

fijal, I don't think it's easy to write tests for funcgen.
Or maybe only count the goto statements, like JIT tests count external
calls?

In the end someone will have to check the generated assembler in some cases.
I remember that the "_back" labels were added to have loops look like loops,
and help gcc.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc