[pypy-dev] cppyy: C++ bindings for PyPy

wlavrijsen at lbl.gov wlavrijsen at lbl.gov
Mon Apr 23 08:42:50 CEST 2012

Hi Maciej,

> Quick question - if it's mature, why not merge it to default? I presume it
> should be turned off, since there is a sizeable dependency, but still
> having it in default can be good.

the dependency is the main issue: for it to build, it requires headers and
libs from Reflex. Completely off (i.e. the module not picked up) could work:
there are only a few changes that fall outside of the cppyy module proper
(mainly access to the raw internals of arrays and a rule for .cxx in the
generated Makefile). However, I'm not sure what the advantage would be, as
the branch is regularly kept up to date with merges from default?

Best regards,
            Wim
--
WLavrijsen at lbl.gov    --    +1 (510) 486 6411    --    www.lavrijsen.net