[pypy-dev] Fatal RPython error: MemoryError

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Aug 7 09:15:21 CEST 2012

Hi Roger,

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Roger Flores <aidembb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can someone else at least confirm this?

Yes, I can reproduce it easily running in a 32-bit chroot on a machine
with more than 4GB of RAM.

The problem is the same, and is still not solved: we run out of memory
when doing a minor cycle of garbage collection because we don't have
enough RAM to even copy the surviving objects outside the nursery.

We can try to fix this particular problem, which requires looking in
details through the GC for what occurs if any malloc fails during a
collection.