[pypy-dev] custom interpreter split_block error

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Aug 10 23:15:05 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Timothy Baldridge
<tbaldridge at gmail.com> wrote:
>                 jitdriver.jit_merge_point(ip = self._ip,
>                                           func = self._call_stack[-1],
>                                           args = self._arg_stack[-1],
>                                           stack = self._sp)
>

> From what I can tell of the source, this is something to do with one of my
> variables infact being a constant and not a variable. What am I doing wrong?

It's impossible to answer you without seeing the source of the whole
interpreter.  You have to know precisely which of the four variables
turned into a constant; then it should be easy to follow back why.
Constantness can only follow from translation-time constants, but
sometimes a bit indirectly (e.g. maybe self._arg_stack is a list in
which you only ever put one translation-time constant).