[pypy-dev] graph not in self.fixed_graphs

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 15:26:48 CEST 2012

I'm back ;-)

[translation:ERROR]    File "/home/tim/pypy/pypy/annotation/classdef.py",
line 176, in setup
[translation:ERROR]     self.add_source_for_attribute(name, source)
[translation:ERROR]    File "/home/tim/pypy/pypy/annotation/classdef.py",
line 193, in add_source_for_attribute
[translation:ERROR]     attrdef.mutated(cdef) # reflow from all read
positions
[translation:ERROR]    File "/home/tim/pypy/pypy/annotation/classdef.py",
line 109, in mutated
[translation:ERROR]
self.bookkeeper.annotator.reflowfromposition(position)
[translation:ERROR]    File "/home/tim/pypy/pypy/annotation/annrpython.py",
line 370, in reflowfromposition
[translation:ERROR]     self.reflowpendingblock(graph, block)
[translation:ERROR]    File "/home/tim/pypy/pypy/annotation/annrpython.py",
line 432, in reflowpendingblock
[translation:ERROR]     assert graph not in self.fixed_graphs
[translation:ERROR]  AssertionError

The best I can infer is that perhaps a function is returning two types
somewhere in my rpython code? If that were the case though, I'd assume that
would blow up with a "SomeObject" error. I've never seen this error before,
and it has me a bit baffled. I was able to debug it enough to find out
where the code is that it is happening, but the code itself is nothing
special:

def first(self):
    return rt.first.invoke1(self)

Of course, I have python tests for all this, and if I run my rpython code
through CPython it runs without a hitch.

What should I be doing to debug this sort of thing more on my own? Thanks
for all the help so far...

Timothy