[pypy-dev] pymongo compatibility broken with version 2.3

Jan Riechers janpeterr at freenet.de
Thu Aug 30 12:45:10 CEST 2012

Hello,

I know this is not particular subject for this mailing list, but this
info might help someone else using pymongo for mongodb with pypy.

---

Latest release of the mongodb driver, pymongo (version 2.3, off 29th,
August) does not work anymore with Pypy 1.9 and fails to start up with
something like this:

"
(env) D:\gg_webdev>pypy dbskin.py
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

way.
"

But from my code side, there is no greenlet or similar in usage. The
problem just arrived when upgrading the driver.

So I'm not sure whats the concrete problem with this new version - also
after consulting the changelog of the driver (
https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/PYTHON/fixforversion/11146 ) there is
nothing mentioned about threading or anything alike that - but it's
definitely the culprid.

Nevertheless, version 2.2.1 (pymongo-2.2.1_-py2.7.egg) does work like a
charm.

Jan