[pypy-dev] pypy services hosting / action needed!

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Thu Dec 6 16:23:06 CET 2012

Hi folks,

for the last several years i cared for hosting these pypy services:

- pypy.org (static generated html)
- bugs.pypy.org (roundup instance, postfix server)
- speed.python.org (django app)

These services are living on two rented servers which cost me per-month
and i am finally getting rid of them in January 2013.

IIRC Maciej and others had various ideas (last year) on where the
pypy services could better live.  Any progress on this?

ASFAIK the PSF is willing to offer a VM that we could use, at least
for pypy.org and bugs.pypy.org.  However, i haven't yet heart back from
Noah Kantrowitz.  I contacted him twice in recent weeks.  If somebody
has other contacts to try, go ahead and maybe CC me to avoid chaos.

Note that i actually don't want to drive these efforts but offer
my help in helping to migrate.  I'd be happy if the currently active
pypy devs determine a plan of action and drive it.

best,
holger