[pypy-dev] pypy services hosting / action needed!

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 16:03:54 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 4:56 PM, holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 16:13 +0200, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM, holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > as to migrating speed.pypy.org, how is it related to speed.python.org?
>> > just stumbled over a thread discussing the latter here:
>> >
>> >     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/speed/2012-October/000224.html
>> >
>> > There is even an (empty) instance running setup by Miquel Torres (the
>> > author of codespeed, the software behind speed.pypy.org) at:
>> >
>> >     http://speed.python.org:8080/
>> >
>> > Maybe it's possible to use this or setup a sister "speed.pypy.org"
>> > instance on the same machine?
>> >
>> > best,
>> > holger
>>
>> The idea is that this machine is used for benchmarking. That means we
>> should not have any web front (or anything else that can use CPU at
>> strange times). So, -1 from me.
>
> Sure.  Let's hope it's ever used for benchmarking - ASFAIK it is quite a decent
> machine but it's sitting around idly for a while now.
>
> holger

We've been using it a bit for STM benchmarking and other stuff. For a
few months there was a problem of very little disk space that could
not be regained (this got solved by now), but it made it disappear
from our "things we normally do". For what is worth also being hosted
in the states makes it unpleasant to do manual benchmarking, so we use
tannit more.